Where should I attach the Supra lockbox?
The Supra lockboxes cannot be unshackled without an agent using their electronic key, so we recommend one of the following:
- You can use a bike lock as an intermediary and connect the lockbox to the bike lock and the bike lock to a fixture (e.g. pipe).
- If you have a removable door knob, you can attach the lockbox to it. Typically the doors will be rekeyed upon sale so the removal of the lockbox can take place at the same time.
If there is a real estate agent with a Supra electronic key that is involved in the sale (e.g. buyers agent), contact us and we can provide the shackle release code to you, which the agent can use to release the shackle.
Will I receive showing notifications?
Yes, when we send you the lockbox, we set it up so that you will receive an email with the contact information of the real estate agent who opened the lockbox. Note that the notifications are not in real time, so you may receive the email some time after the lockbox was actually opened.
Supra can (rarely) fail to send emails when showings occur. The agents can still open the lockbox even if the emails are not being sent, and the lockbox will still be recording the access data.
You can request a showing report by going to the section where you ordered the lockbox and clicking the button "Request Showing Report". Once you do this, we will manually go onto the Supra website and generate a .pdf report of the most recent data (note that in most cases, this is not necessary and the report data is not in real time).
How can I remove the Supra lockbox?
The easiest way to remove the lockbox is to have a real estate agent with an electronic key remove the box for you. Just contact us and we will provide you a code that the agent will need to release the shackle.
If there is not an agent representing the buyer, then here are a few other options:
- If the lockbox is shackled to a doorknob (or similar fixture) that can be removed, go ahead and remove it. Doors are often rekeyed when a home is sold, so this may be something you will do as part of the handover to the buyer. If you are able to remove the doorknob, but it is still attached to the lockbox, just mail the entire assembly to us. If you want the doorknob back, be sure to include self-addressed, stamped packaging with the lockbox return.
- You can often find local agents on sites such as Craigslist (see the "Services" > "Real Estate" section) that can remove the box for you for a nominal fee. Just contact us and we will provide you a code that the agent will need to release the shackle.
- As a last resort, you can cut the shackle. Note that in this case we'd have to charge a fee for shackle replacement, but it would be much less than the deposit that you paid.
Note that the deposit of the lockbox is refundable, so once we receive the lockbox return we will credit the deposit back to the credit card that you used to pay for the rental.
Is cell service required for the lockbox to work?
Cell service is NOT required for the agent to open the lockbox. The Supra uses Bluetooth to communicate with the agents key app on their smartphone.
Are there additional access control options?
We can enable a "call before showing" code. This is a code that we will provide you which agents will need to have to open the lockbox. If we do not enable "call before showing" code, then agents will be able to open the lockbox just using their smartphone app. Note that we would need to enable this before we send you the lockbox, so just let us know when you order it.
Can I get the key back that is inside the lockbox?
Yes. When you mail the lockbox back to us, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope and we will place the key inside and return it to you. Any agent with an electronic key can also open the key compartment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.