New Jersey Real Estate Disclosure Requirements
There are two primary disclosures in New Jersey. Click the links below to view the disclosure forms and learn more about each.
- New Jersey Seller's Property Condition Disclosure Statement
- Federal Lead-Based Paint Disclosures and Pamphlet (if built before 1978)
You May Also Need to Complete One or More of These Disclosures:
- New Jersey Private Transfer Fee Disclosure
- New Jersey New Residential Construction Off-Site Conditions Disclosure
- Federal Real Estate Disclosures
Requirements When Buying a Property:
Any fact that could affect a reasonable person’s decision to buy is considered a material fact and must be disclosed by the seller.
What If I Am Selling A Property "As Is"?
You cannot avoid material disclosures because the property is being sold "As Is". "As Is" is meant to indicate that you will not be doing any repairs to the property.
Include Your Disclosures on Your MLS Listing
When you list your home on the MLS with homecoin.com for a one-time fee of $95, we will upload your disclosures directly in your MLS listing, so you can easily comply with New Jersey law. Learn more about our flat fee MLS service here: https://homecoin.com/flat-fee-mls/new-jersey
Return to Forms and Disclosures