Virginia Real Estate Disclosure Requirements
There are two primary disclosure requirements that must be completed in Virginia. Click the links below to view the disclosure forms and learn more about each requirement.
- Virginia Residential Property Disclosures Acknowledgement Form
- Federal Lead-Based Paint Disclosures and Pamphlet (if built before 1978)
We will need your completed disclosures in order to activate your MLS listing. You can upload the disclosures when creating your MLS listing and we will add them as attachments to your MLS listing. Buyer agents will have them signed and included with any offer.
You May Also Need to Complete One or More of These Disclosures:
- Virginia Septic Waiver Disclosure Form
- Virginia Military Air Installation Disclosure Form
- Virginia Property Previously Used for Methamphetamine Manufacture Disclosure Form
- Virginia Building Code Enforcement Action/Zoning Ordinance Violation Disclosure Form
- Virginia Disclosure Statement for Certain New Dwellings
- Virginia Privately Owned Stormwater Management Facility Disclosure Form
- Virginia Planning District 15 Mine Disclosure (District 15 is the Greater Richmond Region)
- Common Interest Community Association Disclosures
- Property Owners’ Associations (POAs)
- Condominium Unit Owners’ Associations
When Should I Provide These Disclosures?
Before contract ratification. One way to ensure you comply with the law is to complete the disclosures, upload them to your MLS listing, and require that the buyer/tenant sign and deliver them with their initial offer. If you receive a signed disclosure from the buyer/tenant prior to signing it yourself, then be sure to sign the disclosure and deliver it to the buyer/tenant prior to ratifying the contract.
If you choose to have homecoin.com list your home on the MLS for a flat fee then we will add your disclosures to your MLS listing upon activation.