Illinois Real Estate Disclosure Requirements
There are three primary disclosure requirements that must be completed in Illinois. Click the links below to view the disclosure forms and learn more about each requirement.
- Illinois Residential Real Property Disclosure Report
- Illinois Disclosure of Information on Radon Hazards
- Federal Lead-Based Paint Disclosures and Pamphlet (if built before 1978)
You May Also Need to Complete One or More of These Disclosures:
Requirements When Buying a Property:
Are There Any Exceptions to the Disclosure Requirements?
Yes, see the individual articles above for exceptions to when the disclosures need to be provided.
Include Your Disclosures on Your MLS Listing
When you list your home on the MLS with homecoin.com for a one-time fee of $95, we will upload your disclosures directly in your MLS listing, so you can easily comply with Illinois law. Learn more about our flat fee MLS service here: https://homecoin.com/flat-fee-mls/illinois
Where Can I Learn More?
- The Illinois Realtors publishes a Seller Disclosure Brochure, which is very informative.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website on Illinois Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections
- It is against the law in Illinois to discriminate in all aspects of real estate transactions, including renting or leasing, based on your source of income. This includes non-employment income, such Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) or disability payments.
Return to Forms and Disclosures